Saturday, June 25, 2011

Laurie Dolan's Baby Shower (RGV)

Nelda, my sister-in-law, and I were so blessed to host nearly thirty guests at my sister's baby shower in Weslaco, TX this past Saturday. At first we weren't at all sure many would come, but lo and behold...our family on my mother's side came through! My sister now lives in Austin and although I live here close by to them, neither of us see them very often and often feel guilty because of it. This shower not only provided a great avenue for a showering of blessings for my sister's growing family, but we were ALL blessed with the opportunity to bridge gaps and catch up with loving family.

After enjoying an afternoon of good food and cake, and games and prizes, we almost immediately made plans to follow up with a family get-together the following day at my mother's only surviving sibling's home nearby. There we enjoyed even MORE great food and fellowship and took lots of pictures while we were at it.

Enjoy my personal album of the shower and the next day's get-together here. A close friend of ours (THANKS DEZ) also took pics at the shower...I'll be hopefully posting those soon as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment