Friday, September 4, 2009

Let me introduce you to Swap-a-DVD!


I just got an email today from Swap-a-DVD that a DVD on my wishlist is on its way: Yoga For Beginners

I chose it based on both the remarkable reviews on Amazon and the life change I've witness in a friend's life. Soooo...why post about it? Because I got it for FREE!

Well, ok, maybe not for FREE free...but it might as well have been! I "swapped" it for a dvd that was gathering dust near the back of a media drawer...hmmm, what was it called again? oh yea, Blue Collar Comedy Tour.

*blink blink*

In case the wonderful soul who found it fit to gift us this gem happens to read this, I'll just say, we never watched it. yea...*eyes roam*, we were too busy.

Yea, so...and my point is? Stop throwing away your money buying DVDs you'll hardly (or NEVER) watch...and post them on Swap-a-DVD! You'll pay for postage to send it off...but then the person who happens to be clearing his/her DVD shelf of a title YOU "wish" for...well, then they pay shipping to you.

As for this yoga DVD...it's not something I'd pay money for at this point...but with the possible life-changing benefits it might bring...it's sure worth a dusty unwrapped DVD I was never going to watch anyway. Besides, even if yoga doesn't work out for me (and given my track record with self-help fitness DVDs, the odds ARE somewhat doubtful), I'll just swap it at swaptree for another cookbook. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment