Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Delayed Locking Feature = GENIUS


Ok...so I don't really know where this would go on any of my posts...but I'm so happy about it...I had to share!
On our Yukon XL (as far as I know, this is a feature standard on any Yukon SUV since 2003 with remote locking), my husband and I just discovered a FANTASTIC programmable feature called DELAYED LOCKING!
Get this...with any door open, if you punch the lock key on the driver's side door or on the remote...you'll hear three chimes...and then the doors will lock automatically 5 seconds after the last vehicle door closes!
*waits for audible gasps*
ok...so mebbe this isn't comin' across as genius as I'm makin' it...but lemme give ya' my everyday scenario:
I park, turn off the ignition...throw the keys in my purse or clip 'em to a belt loop (and immediately forget which)...sling my purse over one shoulder...open the back seat door...unlatch baby, sling the diaper bag over the other shoulder...and then I pick up baby...*whew*
...and this is where it gets tough...I now have to LOCK the doors. Sooo...hopin' that the bags won't slide down my arms (I HATE that), I start hunting for the keys. Using my sense of touch I check my belt loop...first the one under baby's toosh...then the one under my obscenely large and heavy diaper bag, when they're not there (about 50% of the time) I then start digging blindly through my purse behind baby.
FOUND THEM! So then I adjust all so I can pull the keys up to where I can actually see 'em...THEN I press the lock button!! *whew*
I then wipe the sweat I've accumulated from skillfully self-cramping my trapezoids and deltoids in my only-sometimes-successful efforts to keep my bags up on my shoulders with baby in place.
This is the end of my ordeal IF my bags didn't slip. If they do...then there's the additional discomfort of cradling 30 pounds of baby on a forearm while painfully swinging ten pounds of purse from my left elbow and ten pounds of diaper bag from my shaking right hand wrist.
NOW, do you see why this delayed locking thing has me so excited?!?
I can now LOCK the doors before I load my arms up! Once I bump the door closed with my toosh...the doors automatically lock five seconds later!
*eyes sparkle*
I'm so happy. :)
Willy, my husband, likes the feature too. I figured it was for the same reason(s) i like it...but no...it wasn't.
*look of excitement dawns on his face* "WAIT! Now this means I don't have to wait for you to get off the car in order for me to lock it!"

*pft*

No comments:

Post a Comment